Old June 28th 17, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Default New House Thermal

Adding on to Bob's thoughts, at the New Hibiscus Airpark in Vero Beach, FL, we already have three consistent thermal generators right next to the airport: a CVS distribution center just northwest, an outlet mall just east, and the Quad Lakes development just to the southwest. All are within a half mile of the pattern. Add that to the rotation of plowed fields to the west and we have a pretty nice setup here.

Adding these solar farms could significantly increase our house thermals and provide some nice, close to home, final glide thermals for those coming back from XCs. Time will tell...

Paul A.