Old June 23rd 18, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 3,000 hour inspection for Schleicher sailplanes, required in the US?

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 8:37:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 3:17:56 PM UTC-4, Chris Snyder wrote:
On Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 10:20:27 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I've spent some time reading the FAA's response to the SSA in regards to the IS-28B2 found here, http://www.ssa.org/files/member/FAA%...7%20-%20Signed[2543].pdf

I'm curious how it applies to the 3,000 hour service life extension for say a Schleicher ASW-15 sailplane.

I have the same question about a DG-200. Is a service life extension required in the US?

The Lark was life limited. It did not have a provision for service life extension. The FAA provided a way to extend life by condition, as I recall.
The other manufacturers do have that provision so owners have to comply with the inspection specified to ensure continued airworthiness.
UH

For accuracy, as opposed to my recollection with respect to the Lark see: