Old December 8th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Backer

Default lCambridge 302 Security Fail

My 302 should be returned from Cambridge today. I had cleared the
memory before sending and still had the security fail problem.
WHen I spoke with the Tech at Cambridge, he told me my battery
showed 3.9 v and spec is 4 and that was likely causing the problem.

Bob

Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Dec 7, 4:28 pm, TonyV wrote:
Darryl Ramm wrote:
Oh well you have not been periodically clearing the log memory on your
Cambridge 302 have you?

Gary Kammerer, while still at Cambridge, told me that this was no longer
necessary with the latest firmware.

Tony v.

I don't believe that is true (but would be very happy to be
corrected). I think they've been trying lots of things. At one point
it was thought to the be the fault of the download utility, then the
firmware, ... and so the story goes on. My latest 302 failed and I
believe it was running at the latest firmware rev. Cambridge is still
working on this AFAIK, and the flash memory is the current suspect. At
least as the last time I talked to them (a month ago). I'd be clearing
the log memory....

Darryl