Old July 21st 10, 08:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
ClarkMills

Default Can you ID this? Attitude Indicator / Artificial Horizon

Do you know which model of aircraft this came from?

http://remote.kiwi.gen.nz/ArtificalHorizon

I'm a geek, I bought this, I was going to wire it up as a geek-toy but
upon
looking at it, it's way too cool / old / delicate for me to muck
around with.
I don't know anything about it's history, it looks like war period
(that's WWII .
It looks like there used to be a metal skin that's been peeled off
(not by me).
Also I popped the shroud off the back to see if I could identify the
supply
lines and noticed the ~12 conductor "wiper" contact. That's the point
at
which I decided it was way too delicate to mess with.

If you want more pictures, even out of curiosity, of anything
(the wiper contacts for example) I'll do them for you.

If you can enlighten me about it's history that would be great.
Otherwise, enjoy the view.

Dimensions: 5.25" wide, 5" high, ~9" deep.

Comments: Notice that the sky is "grey" not blue. This is not fading,
it's like that. Note also that the ground is black.
There is no "plane" wire symbol on the glass.