Old July 20th 19, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_6_]

Default Antennae

At 13:07 20 July 2019, wrote:
On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 6:44:25 AM UTC-4, Dan Daly wrote:
On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 10:30:50 PM UTC-4, George Haeh wrote:
Hi Dan,
=20
I do get different range patterns for the Flarm A&B antennae, which I

h=
ave mounted on both sides of my canopy.=20
=20
What I don't know is whether my Flarm is seeing a glider that's not

see=
ing me.=20
=20
But at least one of us knows about the other.

=20
Interesting! I will have to install a second antenna (I'm

grandfathered)
=
and have a go...

It's worth having the two antennas even if the "B" antenna only receives.

=
That fills in gaps in your reception pattern. And as far as the FLARM
rang=
e report, that is ONLY using reception data - it has no way to know who
can=
receive your transmissions, since the protocol is a blind broadcast with
n=
o acknowledgment.

Not quite true. If you are in an area where the OGN network is active and
has tracked you, you can see how others see you.

URL is
https://ktrax.kisstech.ch/flarm-liverange/