View Single Post
Old December 2nd 12, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default FAI (IGC) rules for US Club Class Nationals - Petition

On Saturday, December 1, 2012 8:42:12 PM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Dec 1, 1:26*pm, "John Godfrey (QT)" wrote:

On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:42:32 AM UTC-5, wrote:

The U.S. is moving towards recognizing the Club Class in 2013. A poll has been created to validate interest in establishing FAI (IGC) rules / tasking philosophy in this new class. *If approved the U.S. Club Class would be the ONLY U.S. racing class under FAI (IGC) racing rules.

Please sign the petition IF YOU are interested in supporting or flying US Club Class under FAI (IGC) rules / tasking philosophy.

In the optional personal comment section please enter (if applicable):

1. *Your position on the US seeding list.

2. *If you have access to or own a Club Class glider, what type.

3. *If you are familiar with IGC rules and prefer those rules over US rules.

4. *If you would financially or otherwise support development of the US Club * Class under FAI (IGC) rules.

5. *If you don't currently fly US contests but would start flying US Club Class under FAI (IGC) rules.

6. *If you currently fly US contests (Standard, Open, 15m, 18m or Sports) and are interested in flying US Club Class under FAI (IGC) rules.

7. *Any other comments welcome!

Link to petition:http://www.thepetitionsite.com/262/8...s-association-...

Sean Franke

US Club Class Team Member

Sean(s),

I share BB's and UH's frustration with the level of nonsense in this thread.

Demanding that the organizer (KS) *run the 2013 Club Class by FAI rules after the event being sanctioned and resources committed is simply a non-starter.

Gutting the contest to hold the Club Class somewhere else is also a non-starter.

Rather than all the bluster and rabble rousing rhetoric, commit your efforts to where your mouths are. *Procure a waiver to run a regional club class contest under FAI rules by making the convincing case that it will not be less safe than one conducted under US Rules.

Hold the contest and demonstrate that it is popular (and take the financial risk).

I.e put up or shut up.

QT

John, this is quite arrogant of you. After all you are on RC to serve.

Andrej,

Sorry if you see me as arrogant, but my stance on not jerking around already sanctioned contests and especially their organizers is firm.

As to whether we should adopt FAI rules for racing, there is a time honed process for this type of major change (and make no mistake, it is a majpor change). Regionals first followed by Nationals.

Still waiting for an organizer to step up with a request for sanction and waiver...

QT