Old October 2nd 04, 03:14 AM
Leon McAtee

(Paul Lee) wrote in message . com...
Searching the web, I found that the 1983-1987 Honda Prelude 1.8L
alternator
is CCW and turns out 60A. This is the right rotation for a aircraft
engines, better capacity than my previous one and much better price
than FAA PMA stuff. I have ordered one and will try it.

You may find that there are other Honda alternators that will work as
well. Honda motors turn backwards from most FWD cars since they have
the trans on the other side. Just about any Honda alternator not run
with a serpentine belt should turn the "right" way.
Leon McAtee
Still looking for Aeronca C-2/3 factory drawings......