Old December 3rd 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Discretely Listening to Commercial Aircraft Radio

On Dec 1, 3:06*pm, "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:
Is there anyway (outside of bringing my Sportys radio with me) to listen
with an ipod option or similar small radio to listen to live communications
on a commercial flight? FYI, I'm not flying United, I know you can listen on
there.

My travels on commercial stuff is pretty limited but if I remember
correctly both Delta and United have ATC on channel 9 on the
entertainment selection. They will enable it about 10 minutes into the
flight and terminate it before landing... Hey.. we are pilots,, who
would not want to listen to it ??

Ben