Old February 7th 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Why airplanes taxi

On Feb 7, 9:31*am, "Snowbird" wrote:
The statement that started this thread was fundamentally incorrect.
I've
illustrated why.

Nope. Show me a wheelless airplane taxiing. Skis don't count ;-)

How about floats though?

Has anyone considered the friction between floats and water?

As far as I can see, the scope of the original posting was limited to
taxiing on the ground. It is of course debatable whether a layer of water
between the airplane and the ground, which in this context is more aptly
named the bottom, is influencing the amount of molecules in outer space. As
there have been no reports of floatplanes leaving the atmosphere, I let the
case rest.

Wasn't it a floatplane that was looking for the other three in the
Bermuda triangle?

-Kees