Old March 4th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default "Duke" Cunningham is doing time.

In article ,
(ReeferGuy) wrote:

He was just sentenced to 100 months.

Most for ANY Member of Congress!

EVER.

Took at least $2.4 million worth of bribes.

Yacht, Home, Rolls-Royce, trips, jewelry.

Navy's only Ace from VietNam, with Driscoll as RIO.

64 years old.

Horses dick.

He pleaded for leniency.

What happens to these guys?

I mean, he's not a "bad" guy???

I doubt he's ever been a "good" guy...at least in the last 20 years.

I think the experience with "Duke" Gordon (aka Krztalizer) related on
rec.aviation.military last year pretty much sums of the character of
this "not a bad" guy.

He mentioned writing Randy and one his Vietnam era squadron mates, Don
Blakeslee, a letter on behalf of his (Gordon's) son asking for advice
(presumably career advice) and mentioning to both that he was writing to
both.

I doubt Gordon expected or felt he in anyway was entitled to a response
(it doesn't hurt to ask), but the responses he did get pretty much tell
one everything they need to know about what a "good" man Randy is:

Col. Blakeslee personally wrote a response giving advice as well as
including autographed photos.

Randy wrote back telling Gorgon to buy his book. Not only buy his book,
but by it directly from him (Randy). Then he told him how much he
charges for an autographed photo and closed it all off with an insulting
dig at Col. Blakeslee.

"not a 'bad' guy"? Feh.

--Mike