Old May 23rd 13, 12:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

Default New Butterfly Display Software 3.2

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:19:05 AM UTC-4, Marc - Butterfly Avionics wrote:
Hi,

we have released a new software version 3.2 for the PowerFLARM displays/Butterfly displays that increases font-size by 40% (which is a lot). Some other minor changes are included as well.

• Better readability, larger fonts

• Shows installed PowerFLARM® licenses

• Support for latest FLARM® error codes

• Shows next XPDR target in list view

• minor improvements and bugfixes

We have received (negative) feedback from some of you regarding readability. Although we can not change issues that come from screen/sunglass polarization we tried to improve the situation with font-readability and now have way larger fonts that are easier to read.

Please read this manual if you wish to install the update:

http://www.butterfly.aero/support/CL32_EN.pdf

Please find the update files he

http://www.butterfly-avionics.com/in...upport-english

Thanks a lot for your feedback and always happy landings

Marc

The Butterfly Team

Thanks, this will help.

Is there a backlight in this display? If there is, an additional, enormously helpful tweak would be to crank up the illumination during alerts.

T8