Old October 13th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Theune

Default MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up

Kev wrote:
John Theune wrote:
[..] While no mention has been
made of a physical issue that would prevent him from working, he has not
made that a point as to why he will not fly planes, it's always been
about the money. Things just don't add up.

I think it's none of our business. He could be very young or
handicapped, but it doesn't matter. I've been online in some form or
another for over 30 years, and he's one of the most polite and
forgiving posters I've seen (albeit extremely hard headed), considering
the bile thrown at him by some crabby old men and women here.

Those latter people, who think they can dictate whom the rest of us
converse with, should be ashamed of themselves. I've lost a lot of
respect for some of the regulars here, because they've shown just how
full of themselves they are.

I think he's a good test of how well we can explain things. If we
can't convince someone like him, who's very interested in aviation, how
flying works... then what chance do we have with people who want a TFR
everywhere?

Kevin

Part of the issue is that this group has explained how aviation works
along with the cites of the FARs to back them up. He still insists that
he is right and he posts statements that are wrong and if believed by
less informed people could lead to very bad things. I question his
creditability because the facts don't add up. If he had not said he
would not go up with a instructor for training because of the money then
I would not question it. But he has stated that he has no money and
that's why he won't get the training. I question his statement about no
money because he shows too much knowledge to be un-employable at a more
then minimum wage job. He may choose to not work and that's his choice
but he should not use the lack of funds as a excuse for not getting the
training. He argues about relatively simple flying concepts and refuses
to get the knowledge but expects us to accept his theories without any
proof.