Old September 20th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default New Castle Day 2 USA # 711 reporting

We were expecting big storms over night with a rain day
today, but it fell apart. This was good, as we grided about 12 noon
with clearing sky's. KS was launched, and shortly reported the ridge
was working. So, the task down to Big Walker and return was called.
Everyone had fun, high of 114 mph, scores are on the SSA web page and
tomorrow looks really good, with a ridge briefing tonight by KS and X.
Today, some had so much fun, they did it twice. Good call
by CD Butler.
ALSO, Charlie Spratt had a operation today. John Good reported that he
should be able to give us more information by Thurday. I will post it
then.
The CD's report should be posted shortly, so stand by. We
were all dry today, and some are looking at a early morning launch for
a 1000 k day, tomorrow. We do expect the rest of the week to be
flyable, spirits are high, and New Castle will be cool .that's in temps
the next few days. The broadbill hawks are flying by us heading south,
and tomorrow is their big day, sometimes we will see 1000 or more in
thermals. Ha, they all circle in the right
direction...................Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe # 711
reporting.