Old October 14th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

Default FAA regs. for minimum altitudes over built-up areas

In article ,
B A R R Y wrote:

Considering the amount of traffic that uses the area, think again
about the accident rate. How many people were killed in the last 50
years by small airplanes in NYC vs. killed in ferry accidents?

or, how many people were killed in boating accidents?

As I doubt you are a pilot, I challenge you to go to your local
airport, spend $8 on a NY Terminal Area VFR chart, read the legend to
understand what's on it, and go take a sightseeing flight and see the
actual airspace from an actual aircraft. Then come back and tell us
what kaos it really is.

Busy does not automatically mean kaos.

Chaos?

(I 'm not busting your chops, just asking)

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the