Old May 16th 04, 10:12 PM
Jay Honeck

I have to be careful in drawing comparisons to OSH.. because this wasnt
OSH, but much of my frustration is with my peers who flew in. There was
entirely too much in the way of unnecessary chatter on the arrival
frequency. There also were completely inappropriate requests for
deviations to shortcut the arrival procedure. It takes less than 10
minutes extra in your average spam-can to fit into an orderly, detailed
procedure.

We heard a couple of pilots at SNF this year who clearly had NO idea about
the special arrival procedures.

It's sad, but even amongst pilots there are a few dolts.

Thanks for the write-up! We hope to hit that fly-in someday...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA