Old March 24th 05, 02:09 PM

Thanks for the interest - we've been flying everyday except Monday,
when the wind at the surface was too strong for comfortable ground
handling. Best soaring flights so far exceed Gold badge altitude to
about 17,000' msl (Marfa is at 5,000' msl). We must thermal up to the
wave - and the lennies indicate wave is working. Keep in mind that we
soar at Marfa year-round, not just in the windy spring, so come visit
us anytime - especially May thru mid-August, when the thermals are
fantastic and the scenery is wonderful.

Last night was our Texas-style brisket BBQ at the Marfa Gliders hangar.
Tonight I will present our "Soaring Film Festival" in the restored
Hotel Paisano ballroom, featuring slides and movies of past Marfa
soaring events and "The Sun Ship Game", which was filmed here during
the legendary 1969 contest.

We are soaring year-round in Marfa - come visit us for aerotows,
training, FAA "checkrides".

Burt Compton, Master Flight Instructor / FAA Designated Pilot Examiner
Marfa Gliders, west Texas
website: www.flygliders.com