Old March 22nd 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Robert Barker

Default Club insurance? Club utilization?

"Mike Isaksen" wrote in message
"Robert Barker" ...
"Mike Isaksen" ...

"Robert Barker" wrote ...
We're currently with AVEMCO.... They impose a limit on
the # of members we can have per club airplane.

Do you recall the member count per airplane they set as a limit?

They had several levels with different rates at each level. We're
currently limited to 25 members per aircraft.

As another followup, 25 (flying and named on policy) members per airplane
would have seemed unmanageable 10 or 20 years ago. My club meetings turned
into tirates when we first considered going from 10 to 12 per plane. Now
I'm seeing member flying hours per year in the single digits, and a club
almost needs 20 members per just to keep operational hours on the planes
above 250 per year.

What are you guys seeing as the recent numbers coming in from the clubs?
a. Recent and past "hours per member per year"?
b. Recent and past "hours per plane per year"?

We're a fairly new club. Of our 75 or so members, up to 25 of them are
primary students (myself included). That being the case, our 172s see 50hrs
or more per month. Our DA40 is only seeing 20 or so. It's kind of a catch
22. We'd like more members to warrant another aircraft but can't get
another aircraft without more meembers to pay for it. As a new club, we'd
rather not take the gamble just yet.