Old April 10th 18, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default XCSoar / TopHat maps airspace etc.

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 1:28:44 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just installed TopHat Soaring on a Kobo e-reader yesterday and am seeking a source for the map, airspace,, and turnpoint files for the areas where I fly, which are BRSS in New Castle, VA and the Chilhowee Gliderport in Benton, TN.

I have tried using the XCSoar map generator (http://mapgen.xcsoar.org) several times to obtain the map file. It times out or returns an error each time.

I was hoping that a member of this group might be in possession of the necessary files and could send them to me.

I'm also interested in the same for the default scenery in Condor I or II. Playing with TopHat in simulation seems like a good way to learn it before trying to use it in real life.

Thanks-
Matt

Turn the wifi on and go to settings, cog looking tab, click on site files and Tophat should show a list to pick from.