Old May 15th 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

Default GNS430 vs. GX60 - missing functions

On May 14, 3:39 pm, Peter Clark
wrote:
On 14 May 2007 15:25:19 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

On May 13, 1:42 pm, Peter Clark
wrote:
The CAP version of the G1000 182 has search grids.- Hide quoted text -

Interesting because our G1000 CAP 182 does not. We program in the 4
points of the grid and then create a flight plan around it. In fact
that is one of the required exercies for observers to get signed off
in the squadron. The observer basically owns the right screen and the
pilot owns the left ( you can use the inset to see anything you would
have seen on the right screen).

When you dial the range down sufficiently does your system not draw
grids? Or are we talking about two different things?

It shows the same section grid lines that any G1000 does but it does
not allow you to flight plan to a CAP named grid like our GX60 (with
CAP database) did.

-Robert