Old July 21st 03, 02:01 PM

I've got a DC ISOCOM in my bird, but have been recently looking to
upgrade. It works well, but has only one squelch setting for all mics,
opens all mics at one (not just the one who's speaking), and doesn't have
music input. I've found that these are usually pretty advanced intercom
features so I'm shopping around.

I recently got the DC ISOCOM working better, now that I managed to
google up the manual for it (very obscure link somewhere, definately not
on DaveClark.com). There are two adjustments behind the two faceplane
philips screws. If you remove them, you can put in a precision regular
about 1.5" and adjust the sidetone level through the left hole, and radio
volume through the right. The nifty thing was that the manual had an
*ACTUAL* schematic in the thing, so now I know how it works/doesn't work.
Thinking about hacking it slightly to add music input, but can't figure
out how to make it mute when the radio comes on.

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *