Old November 21st 03, 04:51 PM
Robert Perkins

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:55:30 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Of course, if indeed I should end up standing in front of St. Peter or
Jesus on Judgement Day, it will be a major "Oops"-moment. ;-)

Of course, would a good God condemn you to eternal damnation for making a
75-year mistake?

Nope. The quasi-Christian doctrines of "instant Hell" are false, IMO.
(So is the Aristotlean notion of eternity; we humans don't have the
best picture of the topology of the universe, after all...)

I think if Thomas is willing to *say* "Oops" at that moment, that'll
speak very favorably to him.

Rob

--
[You] don't make your kids P.C.-proof by keeping them
ignorant, you do it by helping them learn how to

-- Orson Scott Card