Old October 26th 17, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Collin Shea

Default My next ship...

On Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 8:46:02 PM UTC-6, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
I am looking for my next glider, and wanted a little advice from my friends on RAS. First a little background;

I have about 500 hrs on a Ventus C. I fly mostly in CA and NV in the Sierras. I am interested in 500K+ XC and some regional contests. I like to compete, but will never take the risks necessary to be really competitive.

My list of wants (not requirements) include; Flaps, auto hook-up, roomy safety cockpit, easy to rig and trailer, water in the wings and tail?, 15m and possibly 18m for fun, high performance, price around $70K +/- $10K

Current candidates in no particular order include:

Lak 17a
ASW 27/27b
Ventus 2CX
DG 800 or 808s
HPH 304 CZ
LS-10?

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Matt H

Not that I have one, but I would get a ASW 27, you can't go wrong with it. And the market is flooded with them so I'm sure you can get one for a great price... Have fun!

Collin Shea W5