Old July 16th 20, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Tow Pilots and CFIG Wanted at Sandhill Soaring Club (Michigan)

On Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 3:22:18 PM UTC-7, Chris wrote:
Interesting discussion. I am paid for teaching in my professional life, and I am very good at it. I'd happily teach flying too if it didn't COST me money to do so... break-even would be fine by me.

I'm a CFIG who enjoys instructing, and I do it in my leisure time, so I don't charge. I also received my own training in a Club, where the instruction I received was free, and I like to pay that back. For a professional full-time CFIG who needs to make a living, of course payment is necessary, and they may feel resentful to CFIGs who don't charge.