Old September 9th 07, 08:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john hawkins

Default New student pilot

You're sport pilot instructor?
Please post about the check ride. I' working on mine and wonder how much is
really covered on the check ride and how precidse you have to be. In the
rear seat of the aircraft I fly, you can not see a single instrument.

"Russ and/or Martha Oppenheim" wrote in message
You've got a great wife! My husband got me into flying too, sort of
accidentally. He gave me an intro flight in an ultralight for my birthday
(60th, not 40th), thinking I'd go up and that would be the end of it.
Well,
no, it wasn't. I knew immediately I had to learn how to fly. So I took
ultralight flight lessons, learned to fly ultralights, got my instructor's
rating, and flew ULs for a few years. I bought both and single place UL
and
a 2-place trainer. Then decided to go for my Private Pilot's certificate,
which I got when I was 67. I'm now 72, fly both ULs and small Cessnas
(rented), and have the time of my life flying. Have a wonderful time
learning to fly! Nothing is more fun! Blue skies and tail winds.

Martha

"Richard Carpenter" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello everyone. I've been hanging out in the MS Flight Simulator group
for a while, enjoying my recently found interest in aviation such that
my means would allow. MSFS is a fine product, even though it doesn't
compare to the real thing, of course.

Yesterday for my 40th birthday my most excellent wife bought me flying
lessons and membership in the flying club at a local airport.

I look forward to hanging out with you folks and hopefully learning a
thing or 2(00...000).

--
Rich