Old May 27th 16, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Reinholt

Default Selecting landout airports

Another trick is to carry a cheap old fashioned toilet plunger. Stick the suction cup under the wing with the wood dowel slightly screwed in. The dowel drops off as you roll.
Craig

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 7:24:45 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Understood.

However, years back my partner and I launched our LS-6a (no tip
wheels) unassisted, though using a stick for a wing stand.Â* I was
in the tug and he was in the glider.Â* We had to make a couple of
attempts due cross winds causing the wing to rise and the stick to
drop.Â* Circumstances of the day did not allow a trailer retrieve
so I flew out to get him.Â* I wouldn't do that routinely...