Old January 15th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Airpark lot, things to consider before buying?

Vaughn Simon wrote:
wrote in message
The covenants are absolutely critical. The airstrip must be dedicated so
that A) Someone can't sell it after all of the "airstrip" lots are sold, and B)
Some landowner can't (for example) throw up a fence across it. (I have seen
and/or heard of both of these things happening)

* Who pays for maintenance?
*Who gets sued when (for example) someone lands, hits a pothole and crashes?
*As already mentioned, a check of local land-use restrictions is in order to be
sure that the airstrip is compliant.

Although I don't live on an airpark my plane does. Our airpark is set
up such that each home owner owns a fraction of the runway. There is a
community associate that all the owners belong to and they manage the
airpark. The fuel pump pretty much pays for the operation but we just
recently accepted state money to do some improvements (never took any
federal money though). We've paved so we don't have much drainage to
worry about but we do have to resurface every so many years.

-Robert