Old July 14th 15, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark628CA

Default When is too many at a glider meet

OK- As an attempt to lighten up this thread:

I want a meet where I have four tow planes (with at least three functional), three wind dummies (hang gliding terminology- we call 'em "sniffers" in Soaring), and I would appreciate it if one of the sniffers was a 1-26 so I could be sure SOMEONE could stay up and I would have a reasonable chance of beating him on miles flown. But his OLC handicap (350 points for putting the wings on and launching) might put me in second or third place JUST BECAUSE!

Come on guys, this has been beaten flat. Let it go. If you think there are too many gliders to be safe, DON'T GO! If you do, DON'T LAUNCH!

As I saw on a cool T-shirt, "Fly More. Bitch Less"