Old April 30th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

Default Charging for tach time in a fixed pitch airplane

So recently, a friend and I took a 172 to do some pattern work. We were
out a little over an hour according to the Hobbes meter and our
wris****ches, but the tach registered about half that.

Something is probably wrong. We have two Archers (fixed pitch) and a
Dakota (constant speed), and I've never gotten that much of a difference.

Taxiing time is far less expensive, because I'm taxiing at less than
half max rpm. But simple pattern work? Check the meters.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.