Old October 14th 19, 06:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Howling sound when flying

sunnuntai 13. lokakuuta 2019 16.40.31 UTC+3 kirjoitti:
Ventus-2c (and D2b) has an extremely loud cockpit. You cannot do much for it.” krsw

Your brain must have extremely loud tinnitus. I’ve own 4 SH, all quiet. No issues.

Sorry I did not catch the specific models you have owned, as that is pretty important detail missing here.

I've flown regularly over dozen SHs ranging from Std.Cirrus to Arcus, and while there are some that are dead quiet (Nimbus-4DM, surprisingly), V2C and D2B are not by design. You wouldn't believe the effort we have spend sealing the canopy, rear fuselage etc. You can get the noise to reasonable level, but quiet, no.