Old April 18th 09, 03:16 AM
Larry Smalbeck Larry Smalbeck is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Majden View Post
Does anyone know the current status of the military airbase at
Zweibrucken West Germany?
Ed
The old 3(F) Wing Station is now a thriving Airport and Retail Outlet Centre. The Peter Cunningham Memorial Arena is also still in full operation. There are very few landmarks left from the RCAF days: water tower and Telecom Ground building beside it; the Chapels and little else that I recall from my 8 years there.

The Airport now operates flights to Berlin and London, among other medium distance and holiday locations. It is taking over much of the Saarbruecken traffic because of it's easy accessibility to the Autobahn, great free parking and just a couple of minutes drive to downtown Zweibruecken.

The Retail Outlet Centre is a very large, modern complex, attracting busloads of tourists, daily, from all around the region.

All in all and amazing transformation which is still a work in progress.