Old May 17th 04, 04:02 AM
BTIZ

this is not a shared expense issue... because you are not in the aircraft at
the time of usage to share the expense..

this may border on "providing a rental aircraft".. it does not matter that
you only rent if for cost.. or even at a loss.. the Fed's don't care if you
are a poor businessman... but it is the "intent" of renting..

BT

"Eddie Sanderford" wrote in message
I have a Cessna 172 that is not flown very often. I have been approached

by
an EAA chapter that wants to use my craft for their Young Eagles training
program and have offered to pay an hourly rate for use of the aircraft in
non-commercial operations. I have a non commercial insurance policy and
could "name" the two pilots who would be piloting the aircraft. The rate

of
reimbursement would be calculated on the operating cost (including fixed
cost, engine and avionics reserve, airframe maintenance, etc.)

I can't get a definitive answer from the FAA if this would be allowable
under the "shared expense" provisions of the FARs Part 91.

I would appreciate comments from any who has expreience with this type of
arrangement.

Thanks