Old July 4th 03, 03:38 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Giz" wrote in message

Where is Edwards AFB?

California.

Where is the USS John C. Stennis?

Beats the hell outta me.

Where will both be 6 months from now?

Same answers.

I don't see what your questions have to do with the relative mobility of
carrier aircraft versus land-based aircraft.

Aircraft that you cannot use for political reasons are worse than useless.
They have cost you, but are not returning on the investment.

So we purchase carrier aircraft for political purposes and land-based
aircraft for combat purposes?

You honestly can't see the advantage of a CVBG off a hostile coast over a
wing of B-2's in middle America?

No, why don't you explain it to me?

Open your eyes. Even the Air Force doesn't try to make the
argument you are. They did before, but have come to their senses. CV
aviation will not replace shore based aviation, but it will not succumb to
it either.

The argument I'm making? I thought I was just asking a few questions.