Old July 5th 03, 04:02 PM
Pechs1

roncachamp- How does the speed of a B-2 compare to that of an aircraft
carrier? BRBR

If the CV is already there,,,lots faster.

To fly that same aircraft from somewhere
near the fight requires host country approval.

Why is that a problem? BRBR

Cuz some countires will say no(?)....

Eldorado Canyon? I recall the F-111s had to take a lengthier route than
desired and that carrier aviation alone wasn't up to the task. Is that not
correct? BRBR

Nope not correct...and we(CVs) werre on station for many moths after the USAF
went home,,,flying 10 miles north of the 'line of death'...no USAF units were
invloved....

4.5 acres that can go to the fight at a rather slow speed, joining the
land-based aviation already involved. BRBR

See above and there were NO USAF landbased assets involved in this or many oher
exercises...

P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)