Old July 10th 03, 08:35 PM
Bart D. Hull

into intellectual contests and/or berating others ideas?

I thought the weed eater / supercharger idea was novel as well as the
water injection idea. Why can't we continue with this brainstorming
without attacking anyone's ideas? How else can "crazy" ideas be explored
for practical application.

I saw a weedeater used as a "pony" motor to start a Lyc or Cont on a
aircraft that didn't have (want) an electrical system.

Sure beat hand propping.

Just my 2 cents. (I'm the "crazy" guy that's going to use a Turbo'd
Subaru in my "Fast Glass" kit. Isn't that what the E in EAA means?)

--
Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html for my Subaru Engine
Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html for Tango II I'm
building.

Morgans wrote:
"Wooduuuward" wrote in message

There used to be an add on kit that fed water vapor into the carb, which
increased performance. They used them on Spitfires during WWll and on
cars in the seventies. H20 = hydrogen and oxygen.

BZZZZZZT. No.

The water fed into engines is to cool the gas air charge, and keep it from
detonating, with really high levels of boost. Like over 100 inches of
manifold pressure.

This was used on many types of high performance applications today, and on
planes today such as at Reno.