Old September 26th 17, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default 737 vs glider

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 8:15:59 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
Anyone have more details about it? In particular, was the glider equipped with transponder? This is not good rep for us, but could have been worse.
https://thepointsguy.com/2017/09/uni...00000080461661

Ramy

Found it. 19:45 UTC at 7075'MSL, 10 mi NE of Rockford, IL. ASH-26E topping out in a thermal and 737 exiting a brief hold - same altitude and the same location within a mile or less as near as I can tell.

There's only one flight posted on OLC for the Chicago area today. If there was buddy flying I guess it could have been the other one.

Andy Blackburn
9B