Old February 1st 04, 03:54 PM
O. Sami Saydjari

I believe there is a listing on the FAA web site somewhere (although I
can not find it at the moment) of title and escrow services. I used
International Aircraft Title and Escrow at 800-901-6309,
http://www.intlaircragt.com. They did a nice job.

I used a escrow service for several reasons. (1) I never bought a plane
before and I wanted someone to make sure all the rigth paperwork got
filed. (2) I was distant from the seller and I did not like the idea of
sending money before I had all the paperwork and he was not comfortable
signing over the plane before he had the money. (3) I need to withold
some of the funds pending some work that needed to be done and that I
then needed to verify.

-Sami
N2057M Piper Turbo Arrow III

Carl Orton wrote:
Hi, All;

Since AOPA has dropped their escrow service, what company are folks using
now?

Any of them better (i.e., speed, service, etc.) than the others?

Do folks even still use escrow services in the case where the buyer is
paying cash, and the seller has a lien on the plane that must be released?
If not, does anyone have suggestions on how to work it?

Thanks;
Carl
Ft Worth