Old December 31st 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Murdock

Default Removing an ELT to change battery

Many pilots don't realize this, but they are required to have the proper
documentation before they work on their airplanes, even when only performing
preventive maintenance.

http://www.artex.net - Support & Resources - Documents - Manuals - ELT
110-4/ 110-6 / 100 HM Description, Installation, Operation and Maintenance
Manual

-Mike

wrote in message
I have a Piper Archer III and want to change the battery. The ELT is
an Artex 110-4. I can open the panel and found two thumbscrews which
only remove the cap of the ELT, I can also remove the BNC and Molex
connector. There are four screws on top, however these serve only to
open the ELT, exposing the circuit board, they do not allow it to be
removed from plane. However, I can't remove the ELT itself from the
plane to change the battery. It can't be hard, but it's not obvious
either. Any ideas ?