Old April 25th 09, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Logajan

Default New student pilot apprehensions

Michael wrote:
The tow rope keeps me up at night. Aerotow freaks me out.

Been there, felt that.

While a book isn't something I would have expected to help me, I did find
"End of the Line" by Murray Shain - a book on just the subject of aerotow -
to be quite helpful (to the extent any external advice is helpful.) It's
available from Bob Wander's site if you don't already have it:

http://www.bobwander.com

I would also suggest buying Wander's "New Glider Pilot Package" if it
doesn't contain too much overlap with material you've already purchased.

The other book I'd strongly recommend is "Glider Basics" by Thomas Knauff.
Lots of concrete tips and guidance that I personally found useful - he also
provides advice on aerotow and of course lots of other stuff.

I’ve been grounded for two weeks due to the flu, but I can’t wait to
get back up in the air!

How can you have the flew and still be grounded? ;-)