Old August 26th 11, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_2_]

Default Devin kicked out of junior worlds.

On Aug 25, 4:10*pm, "S. Murry" wrote:
Justin,

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you here. *
And a ****ty decision on your part to post it too the world! If
someone wanted to know, they could of found out on there own. But to
expose a youth to this type of embarrasment is totally uncalled for.
I'm sure the parents of Devin will take care of this issue, cause as
the father of 3 kids I know I would!!!!

I agree this perhaps shouldn't be on r.a.s. Because it absolutely
should have been on the U.S. team website.

When you fly on the U.S. team you are representing U.S. soaring.
You're not just flying for yourself, You benefit from large financial
contributions from many supporters, and most of all from the dedicated
work of many volunteers. You are accountable to all those people.

Sorry, but with that you lose a certain amount of privacy. Your
actions at the world contest are public. If a US team pilot does not
fly, the many supporters deserve to know what happened. Same for
landing out on the first day, losing the keys to the car, or any of
the other stupid things pilots might do. If that's embarrassing,
tough. If you want privacy for your screwups, don't fly on the US
team.

John Cochrane