Old March 14th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Lets fly.org

wrote:
Hi there
Have any of you checked out the "Lets Fly" cooperative program? Do any

of you have any experience with it? Would you be willing to purchase a
1/4 share in a brand spanking new Tiger with the latest Garmin avionics
by putting down $2900 + $641\mth + $108 per\hr with 50% of the hourly
rental going towards ownership? Or would you rather just go ahead and
put down $80k and fly it for around $80 hr? Alternatively, you could
take that $80k and buy a similar Tiger with older avionics that is
approaching 20-30 years old. Please share your thoughts
Lou

I owned a Tiger for several years. They're great airplanes and you can
find a nice older one for 70 to 80k. I can't say that I'd want to
buy a new one though for $200k +. Performance is the same.