Old June 3rd 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Robert M. Gary

Default CFI oral intel

On May 30, 9:00*am, "F. Baum" wrote:

Is there anything in the PTS that says you have to be retested on
previously completed material ? If you spent 5 hours on an oral your
examiner was either an idiot or he/she wanted to show you how much he/
she knew. I would have walked out if I were you. For an examiner to be
able determine if you are prepared should take minutes, not hours.

I don't think a 5 hour oral is odd at all for the CFI exam. I know
some PI/DE's schedule a full day for the oral and another day for
flying. Do you really know any initial CFI oral that lasted minutes?

-Robert