Old October 19th 10, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
frank

Default Top Gun 2

On Oct 19, 8:24*am, "H. Wilker"
wrote:
In article ,
*Ed Rasimus wrote:

I wrote all three. (Fighter Pilot in collaboration with Robin Olds'
daughter.)

I have, of course, read the first two. The last is on my list...

There is plenty of material out there and a screenplay adaptation
isn't what is holding such a film back.

Then I wonder what is? I have the feeling that the day-to-day life in a
Cold War fighter squadron is quite interesting enough for those writing
and lurking in these groups; for box office success, however, there
probably needs to be some added drama. That might be provided by adding
an exercise that almost manages to trigger WW III - as "Able Archer 83"
reportedly did.

Cheers

Helge

Strategic Air Command with Jimmy Stuart shows up on the movie
channels, but its based in the 50s. Funny, recently AF films are about
bombers, no notice of tankers or fighters.

Call to Glory was good, backdrop was real. But it was a TV series.

The Navy had Flight of the Intruder, which wasn't bad. But that was a
while back.