Old July 9th 05, 02:43 PM
Matt Barrow

"Skywise" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

news:_LFze.138233$_o.95680
@attbi_s71:

And you sir are a fine example of why this country is falling apart,
with that attitude.

An interesting observation, Brian -- but I haven't heard any

alternatives
from you, yet.

What do you suggest?

I am willing to admit that I do not have a solution.

Well, Brian, I'm afraid that generalized opposition, without solutions

or
alternatives, is a lost battle.

But I'll fight to the death for your right to wage the battle!

;-)

But at least I recognize there is a problem and that something
should be done about it. Much better than stuffing my head in the
sand and pretending the sky isn't falling.

The only reason I don't have a solution in the case of the ADIZ
is that I don't feel I have enough knowledge or experience to
offer one.

Brian

Any solution is going to have many facets, not a single point of reference.

As it is, the ADIZ is our version of the Magginot line. It is, as George
Patton said about such defenses, "... monuments to human stupidity", but
also about what we should expect from a self-perpetuating bureaucracy (is
that latter part redundant??).

At the very least, it's going to require greatly increased HumInt, and a
well publicized overwhelming and lethal response, with all the chicken****
hand-wringing set aside.