Old July 2nd 03, 07:56 AM
Quant

Blair Maynard wrote in message . ..
On 30 Jun 2003 14:54:44 -0700, (Quant) wrote:

This post is specially for brooks.

Hebrew:
http://www.globes.co.il/serve/globes...asp?did=701548

Israel Aircraft Industries was excluded from the Airbus 380 project
because of a political decision of the goverment of Israel to buy only
Boeing planes by El Al.

Exactly what "price" are you talking about?

What would the benefits of being included in the Airbus 380 project
have been and would they have outweighed the costs?

According to understandings between IAI and Airbus, IAI was supposed
to manufacture parts of the Airbus 380 in Israel. We're talking about
revenues of at least 50% from the cost of the Airbus planes El Al
intended to purchase. It was profitable for El Al, for IAI and for
Airbus.

Then the state department and the government of Israel interfered (El
Al was a governmental company till few weeks ago), and El Al bought
only Boeing 777's.
More details you can find he
http://airtransportbiz.free.fr/Fleets/LY777.html

It's important to note that I posted this post only for Brooks.

I don't care to pay a bit more when it comes to friends. America is a
friend and the hypocrite European terrorist-supporters are not. So, I
don't have a problem with the Boeing deal.

But its unpleasant to hear _all day_ people like Brooks who is
obsessed _morning to night_ to slam Israel on every opportunity he has
in r.a.m, especially on the subject of the US aid to Israel. Recently
I posted a post about the "Python 5" (Rafael just presented it on the
Paris Air Show). Not surprisingly, "the obsessed" jumped and asked
"when it will be sold to China"? Even though he knows that even the
"Python 4" wasn't sold to China because we don't sell cutting-edge
technology to anyone. There's an understanding between US and Israel
on this subject, the same understanding that guarantees that Israel
will have better F-15's/F-16's than Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

Friendship is a two way street.