View Single Post
Old May 31st 16, 12:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Experimental question

The way my previous Ops Limits were written made it sound like the glider had to be operated in a certain local even after phase 1 was completed. Anyway I thought it was cleaner not to have a certain local listed on the limitations so I wanted it change. I don't think I realized it did not have to be changed.

Anyway, everyone I've talked to have gotten more restrictions if they have gotten new limitations. My local FSDO added speeds and CG limits and got them wrong as well. FSDO put on my limitations: CG Limits 9.84 to 10.73. The manual says 9.84 to 16.73. I contacted the FSDO about this and he said it may cause more problems to correct the typo for a new airworthiness cert would have to be issued as well.

Personally, I've never thought it was good practice to restate something that is covered somewhere else. For this very reason and also if the FAA changes a reg that is listed on the limitations then those limitation should be changed.

On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 3:31:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
The Ops Limits are essentially a part of the Special Airworthiness Certificate and stay with the airplane through ownership and location changes, except where specifically noted in the Ops Limits or SAC. Your FSDO can *request* to issue you new Ops Limits or SAC, but there's no rule that you have to say yes!. New ones will surely be longer, more complex, and more restrictive. What's in it for you? Nothing!

If they press you to change it, refer to Order 8130.2H, Section 10 Paragraph 464.c(2):

"The gaining FSDO will not require the aircraft’s special airworthiness certificate and operating limitations to be reissued, unless the aircraft is in Phase I test flight operations, FAA Headquarters determines that the current limitations require reissuance, or the owner requests reissuance or amendment."