Old March 11th 04, 12:58 PM
vincent p. norris

It is a power on approach, on speed angle of attack, constant attitude until
touchdown followed by full power at touchdown whether ya got a wire or not.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

I think the early jet, straight deck boys did a 'cut' pass-no?

Don't know, but with a/c up ahead on the straight deck, I would guess
so.

With some of the centrifical type engines, like in the F-9, I'm sure it was 'interesting'.

As you probably know, when Charleton Heston has a ramp strike in his
SBD, in the movie "Midway," it was really an F9F. I''ve heard the
pilot survived that, but I'm sure it was "interesting."

vince norris