Old October 10th 03, 09:55 AM
Jack Glendening

Mark Navarre wrote:
Ants are effective scavengers, and may in fact be consuming a rat or mouse
inside your tailboom that died there after eating your pitot, vario, or static
tubing. It might be better to leave the ants alone until they finish off
whatever is attracting them to the inside of your glider,

At this point I am more concerned with what _live_ ants might be doing
than with an already _dead_ rodent remaining in there, which I could live
with! What worries me is that the last time I was out there I tried
to wash off much of where they had been with the idea of erasing their
chemical tracks - yet the next day were again back in that hidden
hole, which would not seem like an easy thing to do. So I have begun
to wonder if the ants are coming from the outside in or whether there
is already some sort of colony _inside_ (since then they would find
that hole rather easily, from from the inside). My lack of detailed
knowledge of what ants can do and my imagination has produced a paranoia
level which wants those ants out _now_!