Old March 28th 05, 06:42 PM
George Patterson

kmuller909 wrote:

Forgive me if these are dumb questions, but as a new owner - '75
Sundowner, I'm learning as I go here..

1. If I install a panel mount intercom myself, I need an A&P to agree
to sign the log. True?

Yep. You'd also better check with that A&P -- some FSDOs require a 337 and a
field inspection. When I installed mine, I made prior arrangements with my
avionics tech. He inspected and signed off the work and made the final
connections to the NAV/COM.

3. If I replace the wing root seal, do I need an A&P signoff?

Yep. This is not considered preventative maintenance. Shouldn't need a 337 --
the repair is not major and it's not a modification.

George Patterson
Drink up, Socrates -- it's all-natural.