Old March 28th 05, 08:16 PM
A Lieberman

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:37:42 GMT, Jon Kraus wrote:

Good luck... Maybe Allen Lieberman will pipe in about his Sundowner.

Now Jon, what in the world would make you think I would pipe in *big
smile*.

Kmuller,

Welcome to the beech baby family. I love my 1976 Sundowner. I
affectionately call mine a Slowdowner as it won't get you there fast, but
it will get you there comfortable!

If you have not done so, be sure to get some CFI time with you in your
Sundowner. Landing a Sundowner is not like landing a Cessna! Speed is
your enemy on landing.

In regards to your questions:

1. If I install a panel mount intercom myself, I need an A&P to agree
to sign the log. True?

I would think yes, you need an avionics A&P signoff. There sure is lots of
wires that come in and out of that intercom system.

2. My nav indicators are a King KI-204 with glideslope and an old
KI-201 or something that is like 30 deg off (2 KX170b's). If I buy a
KI203 on Ebay to match the 204, is it as simple as popping out the old
indicator and pushing in the new one.. will the pins match? Or is this
something I just leave to the local avionics guy?

Unless you are really sure the Nav 1 and 2 are so out of wack to replace,
why not get them calibrated by your avionics guy. To be quite honest, I
personally would not buy anything from Ebay where my hide's safety in the
clag is concerned. When I upgrade my avionics in my Sundowner, it will
come new with a warranty.

3. If I replace the wing root seal, do I need an A&P signoff?

I would think an A&P would be needed for this operation.

In my humble opinion, when it comes to repairs in my plane, I will not
cheap out.

A good quality A&P - $50.00 an hour where I live.
My hide - priceless.

Allen