Old March 26th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default video card

Hi Kevin, I appologise in advance for my long post...

Keep practicing with the Cessna-172. You'll crash a lot but that is what
simulators are for. We won't look.

If you know someone near you who can fly any computer flight simulator (or
real plane), and they can visit your house, they can spend an hour with you
to get you flying. After that you just need practice.

For the official word, see the Training & Testing links at
http://www.faa.gov/pilots/. Be sure to read this one:
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/a...lane_handbook/
and maybe this one:
http://www.faa.gov/pilots/training/handbook/

The US FARs won't teach you to fly, but if you like reading regulations they
are available at:
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text...14cfrv2_02.tpl
in particular, see:
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text.... 1.1.2.5.1.3

X-plane is fine software; have fun! Be sure to get your free updates at:
http://x-plane.com/demo.html

--
Marc
----------------------------------
"Tjark Nikolai" wrote in message
Hi!

Kevin schrieb:
Thanks for the help. I appreciate you looking past my "stupdity".
Also, since you use x-plane as well, what is the best way to learn how
to fly...besides taking lessons. MS Flight simulator runs you through
a tutorial, but x-plane doesn't provide this feature. Any suggestions?

No, sorry. Can't help you there. I started with a small plane (I like the
King Air a lot) and kept taking off and landing all the time...

Regards,

Tjark